- A confirmed case is defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus.
- The page includes positive results from multiple sources.
- Cases are not added until patients are contacted and informed. Report a Positive Covid-19 Test.
- Details of each case are provided by the individuals themselves; that information is then reported following HIPAA and public health guidelines.
- As of Sept. 29, 2020, we began systematic loads of health alerts data in order to deliver more timely and consistent data and enhanced transparency. This allowed for streamlined data visualization to be integrated into the page, while maintaining a detailed per-case breakdown of information. Changes included:
- A shift in results posting time from evening to mid-morning.
- Small discrepancies in archived information. This stems an audit in which a few duplicate reports were identified as well as some positive cases who were notified but not publicly reported on the correct day. Should you require additional information on these cases, please email email@example.com.
- Surveillance testing data, previously reported separately from health alerts, is incorporated into the dashboard.
- Details on data:
- Tests are being reported based on when the test was run.
- Positives are being reported based on the result date.
- The surveillance incidence positivity rate is a measure based on collected date.
- **Not all individuals isolate/quarantine in spaces offered by Georgia Tech.
- ***This number will update based on changes to Georgia Tech contracts for isolation space.
Students who reside on campus in Georgia Tech housing who need to be isolated or quarantined will do so under one of the three following contexts:
- Remain in quarantine/isolation as needed in their current room assignment if they have a single bedroom and do not share a bathroom facility with more than 1-3 individuals;
- Leave on-campus housing for a local home address to remain in quarantine/isolation as needed; or
- Be reassigned to a designated room (either on- or off-campus) provided by Georgia Tech to remain in quarantine/isolation as needed. Priority for the 3rd option is given to students who are not able to quarantine or isolate in either of the two prior contexts. As such, the total number of students in quarantine/isolation may exceed the number of quarantine/isolation units provided by Georgia Tech.
Report a Positive Test
- If you have received a positive test for Covid-19, please report it here: Report a Positive Covid-19 Test.
When a Positive Test is Reported
- The contact tracing process begins.
- The staff at Stamps Health Services will reach out to any affected units so that any necessary notifications of potential exposure are communicated and applicable public health guidance is followed.
- The Coronavirus Task Force will also alert Facilities to determine what, if any, additional cleaning or building closures are required.
What to Do if You Think You've Been Exposed
What to do if you suspect or if you have been exposed to a positive case of Covid-19.